Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ginger Lemon Applesauce


I love Fall. It is my favorite season by far. I love when the weather starts to get cold enough to warrant warm and comforting foods. Applesauce is one of those comfort foods for me; it reminds me of my childhood for some reason.





Recipe:

1 granny smith apple
2 fuji apples
2 T lemon juice
1 T freshly grated ginger
2-3 T honey
1 dash of cinnamon
1-2 dashes of salt
1/3 cup water

Cut the apples in quarters and core them. Then chop into medium-large pieces and place in a saucepan. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until apples are soft. Mash with a potato masher if you want a chunky texture or puree with an immersion blender if you would like it to be relatively smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment