Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies

Baking has, and probably always will, make life transitions easier for me. With my current housemate moving to NYC and with a new housemate about to move in I felt that it was time to honor this change with something delicious. Oatmeal raisin cookies are my favorite by far, but since Brianne hates raisins as much as I hate bacon I decided to tweak my recipe a bit.

Recipe:
1 c margarine
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 c flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 c oats
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/2 c dried cranberries
2 T flax seeds (optional)

Cream margarine and sugars together until light and smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and stir until it is smooth again. Add flour, soda, and salt. Stir to combine. Add oats and stir. Add in chocolate chips and cranberries and optional flax seeds. Mix gently. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment