Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bruschetta

I realized recently that all of these recipes are really more for people who already know how to cook because all of my measurements are estimates and are pretty flexible. Like this recipe for bruschetta, I just threw some things together.

recipe:
2 medium tomatoes, diced and slightly drained
2 T minced red onion
1 garlic clove, pressed through garlic press
2 T fresh basil, cut into ribbons
1 T olive oil
salt
pepper
parmesan cheese
french bread, cut into slices and grilled

combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, and basil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil until it is moist and just slightly shiny. Sprinkle parmesan cheese into mixture. Take a spoonful and place on top of grilled french bread.

This was SO good. I could eat this pretty much every day. I just threw things together and it turned out beautifully. Season everything to taste, it does not have to be exact.

No comments:

Post a Comment