Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Vegetarian, lower-calorie "crab cheese"

I love crab rangoons from Chinese restaurants, but they are so bad for you and they have meat in them. It is the ONLY thing I eat with meat in it, and honestly, the crab is the last reason I like these things. I figured I could make a version that was slightly less bad for you and didn't have the guilt factor that crab introduces.

recipe:
won ton wrappers
4 oz. fat free cream cheese
2 green onions, minced
1.5 T. sugar
salt
pepper
sweet and sour sauce

mix cream cheese, onions, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Fill wonton wrappers with a spoonful of the mixture and close using a bit of water to seal.

Freeze them upright.

Spray them with cooking spray and bake at 350 for 15ish minutes.

Dip in sweet and sour sauce.

This was a pretty good alternative, the fried version was (of course) better, but this will do when the craving strikes. Careful with the spray, I might try it without next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment