Tuesday, March 2, 2010

White Bean Dip

I had seen the idea of making a dip out of white beans quite a few times and had resisted making it until I saw a gorgeous picture on foodgawker.com where it was paired with things I knew I would love. I'm glad I made my own version of this. It was incredible. It was very similar to hummus but smoother, creamier, and a bit more subtle.

recipe:
1 can great northern beans, mostly drained but keep some liquid
1 T olive oil
1-2 T water, depending on how thick you want it
1/4-1/2 tsp rosemary, crushed
salt
pepper

Combine combine beans and oil in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add water until you reach the consistency you like, then add your seasonings and continue to blend until everything is mixed throughout.

*This was amazing on crostini with bitter greens and balsamic vinegar. It was beautiful and had a great flavor profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment