Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Creamy Polenta

I have recently been shopping at By The Pound in Ann Arbor and have fallen completely in love with it. They have polenta that you can buy as much as you want at a time. I recently came home with about a pound of polenta without really knowing how to cook it. I found out that in order to get it smooth and creamy you are supposed to simmer it for 30 minutes while stirring it constantly. That is way too much work for me, so I tried to make it in the slow cooker (what else am I going to cook in my 3 crockpots since I'm clearly not going to make a beef roast). Anyway, the results were fantastic! By far the best way to cook it. I flavored mine but you could easily make this plain as well.

recipe:
3/4 cup polenta
2.25 cups water
1 tsp crushed rosemary
1 bouillion cube, crushed
black pepper

Throw everything into the crockpot and stir. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4.

*I did this before I left for work in the morning and when I got home it needed a bit of a stir and a bit more water for the consistency that I wanted. The polenta was very, very forgiving. I feel like I could have left it in there for several more hours and had same results.

No comments:

Post a Comment