Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fat Free Banana Muffins

Breakfast has never been a meal that I have time for. I am in no way a morning person and I wake up at least 10 minutes late each morning. Skipping breakfast is just a really easy way to save time. Sometimes I get hungry in the morning and want to reach for something that I can take with me on my way in to the office. Muffins are one of my favorite grab and go foods but most of the time they are loaded with sugar and fat, making them less healthy than I am willing to accept each morning. These turned out really well with a very nice texture.

Recipe:
1 cup flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup mashed bananas (it took me 2)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup yogurt
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients together but do not over mix. Pour into muffin pan (it should make about 12). Bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. They do stick a bit to the muffin papers so allow them to cool before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment