Thursday, February 18, 2010

Banana Blackberry Smoothie

As a kid I really, really enjoyed smoothies, especially the ones from this place called surf city squeeze. Turns out, the reason I liked them so much was because they had approximately a million calories and not a whole lot else. Once I learned how bad they were for me I stopped eating them. I recently lifted my smoothie ban, but decided that I could make them taste better and make them healthier. I was totally right.

Recipe:
1 frozen banana
1/3 cup frozen blackberries
1/3 cup plain yogurt
3-4 ice cubes
honey (optional)
flax seeds (optional)

Throw the banana and yogurt in the blender and stir to combine. Add blackberries and turn blender on again. Once it is solidly purple add ice cubes one at a time until it is smooth and thick. My blender has an ice crush button that is really helpful, if yours doesn't just turn it on one of the higher settings and let it go for a few minutes.

*I don't add honey to mine because the fruit is sweet enough for me, especially if you use very ripe bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment