Monday, October 25, 2010

Raw Vegetable Pizza


The other day I was thinking of all the different things I used to eat as a child and I honestly couldn't remember liking any veggies. But then I thought of this vegetable pizza that my mom used to make and I remember loving it even though it was topped it a ton of raw veggies. I thought I should try it again since I remembered loving it so much. I just guessed on how she made it but it turned out really well.

Recipe:

4 refrigerator crescent rolls
4 ounces of light cream cheese
1/2 Tablespoon of ranch dressing powder
1 cup of raw chopped veggies (I used broccoli, carrot, green onion, green pepper, and tomato)

On a foil-lined cookie sheet spread out the rolls and press them together so that they make a solid square with no gaps or breaks in it. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 11 minutes (check that package and cook accordingly). Cool this completely.

While the rolls are baking, combine the cream cheese and ranch dressing powder in a small bowl. When the rolls are cool spread the cream cheese all over them and then top with the chopped veggies. Press down just a bit on the veggies so they stick to the cream cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment