Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Roasted Radishes


Radishes have always been the one of the few vegetables that I thought I hated (brussel sprouts are the other). I got a large bunch of them from the farmers market and tried a few raw. To my surprise they were actually really good when sprinkled with some salt. I liked the crunch and the spicy bite they had. I just couldn't use them all raw before they went bad so I tried roasting them. They were wonderful. The roasting process really brought out the sweetness in them and mellowed the flavor.

Recipe:

1 handful radishes, cut in half
olive oil
salt
pepper

Preheat the oven to 425. Line a cookie sheet with foil. In a bowl, toss the radishes with oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour onto the cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Turn them and then bake for 10 more minutes or until crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment