Monday, October 18, 2010

White Pizza with Mushrooms and Arugula Salad


Again with the CSA, I'm trying to use up all the greens before they go bad. Arugula was in the CSA share I got this week and I love it's spicy, peppery flavor. By the time I got to it the leaves had already started to droop, so I knew I had to use it where that wouldn't matter. Using it raw as a pizza topping was perfect!

Also, I cheated a lot on this one and used a store bought pizza crust and already prepared mushrooms. You can use the same mushrooms I used by making a batch of "wine braised mushrooms" that are already included in the archives.

Recipe:

1 pizza crust
olive oil
parmesan cheese
garlic powder
dried basil
5 wine braised mushrooms (or mushrooms that you sautee with some oil), sliced
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
10-12 arugula leaves, torn into bite size pieces
olive oil
lemon juice
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 450. In a bowl, combine olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and basil. Spread this mixture on the pizza crust. Top pizza crust with mushrooms and then the cheese. Turn oven down to 425 and bake for 8-9 minutes. Broil for 30 seconds until the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly. While this is baking, toss the arugula with olive oil and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. When the pizza is finished baking, top it with the arugula salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment