Sunday, October 24, 2010

Roasted Sweet Dumpling Squash


I really like squash. It reminds me of Fall, which is by far my favorite season. Even though I love squash I haven't really tried a lot of different kinds. I decided to try a sweet dumpling squash and I'm glad I did. Like the name indicates, it had a sweet flavor after roasting it. It kind of tasted like honey even though I didn't add anything to it.

Recipe:

1 sweet dumpling squash
salt
butter

Preheat the oven to 375. Cut the squash in half but be careful when cutting through the top of it - the stem was really tough to cut through. Sprinkle with salt and place, cut side down, on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Roast for 30 minutes or until the squash is soft. Turn the squash over and place a small amount of butter in the center. Bake for another 5 minutes or so until the butter is melted and the squash is very tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment